OneCard’s Collection of Personal Information
To sign up for your OneCard Account, we need to obtain certain personal information from you. You must complete OneCard’s registration form accurately with correct information and might not provide any false or misleading information.
Personal Information we collect
- Full Name, address, email, phone number and other information as required
- Financial information such as credit/debit card or bank account details for certain optional transactions
- For verification purposes, we might ask for a proof of your identity and proof of address; such as a copy of your national ID card, passport, driver’s license and/or certificate of registration
PS: Failure to supply such information may result in limitation on usage of OneCard services or suspension of the user’s Account. For certain high value transactions, we may be required to report personal information to the relevant authorities.
When your registration is completed, you may start using OneCard’s services which are strictly protected against fraud and abuse through the following actions we take:
- Recording and storing your IP address and login times.
- Collecting usage and access data that allows us to prevent multiple account openings or other fraudulent behaviors, or to protect our systems against illegal attacks or abuse.
- We may share such data with specialized and trustworthy fraud management services that help us analyze the data.
- Depending on the information you have provided us, your current verification status and the type of transaction you wish to undertake, we may collect further information from banks, credit/debit card processing services and identity verification services.
We obtain your personal and security information from the following sources:
- Information you provide online, on written applications or forms, and other information you may provide.
- Information entered online that may be stored even if you do not complete or submit an application.
- Information from third parties in order to verify your identity or to prevent fraud.
- Information from third parties that you authorize to provide information to us.
- Information about your account experience and history.